REPORTS TO: Sr. Manager Workforce Development
GENERAL PURPOSE AND SCOPE: Provide logistical, administrative, and project management support for Austal training programs, with a particular focus on compliance related programs
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with department leaders to schedule and make arrangements for critical and/or medium to large scale training and certification classes, meetings, tours and conferences. May include researching options, pricing, making IFS entries, coordinating visitor requests, generating class reminders, rosters, etc.
- Provide data and document distribution, collection, tracking, analysis, reporting, and retention for organizational development initiatives including (but not limited to) annual compliance requirements, certification programs, onboarding programs, training related surveys, performance management, instructor or mentor development programs.
- Maintain records and support for ISO, DCAA, OSHA, DSS, DOL and other audit/inspection activities.
- Administer, track, download, prepare, and report on metrics, assessments, feedback surveys, and diagnostic tools for projects as needed.
- May provide pre- and post- program/training assessment through focus groups, surveys, and individual interviews, and offer recommendations based on data collected.
- Create and maintain databases for a wide variety of training programs/initiatives as requested.
- Provide electronic system upkeep, development, reporting, and ongoing administration
- Provide emergency back-up support for other training events/sessions/activities.
- Coordinate with all Training team members to create and maintain standard work instructions for activities and processes.
- Manage administrative aspects of compliance projects and department activity as needed
- Develop training plans and coordinate logistics for live classes
- Develop and distribute LMS learning objects
- Provide administrative support for performance management cycles
- Facilitate classes and learning experiences for craft, professional and executive staff
- Facilitate continuous improvement for compliance based programs and other LMS based training
- Develop curriculum and presentations as needed
- Miscellaneous related tasks/projects as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree and 3 years of experience in administratively heavy positions requiring a high degree of detail orientation, customer service, and balancing of multiple priorities; or 10 years in administratively heavy positions with a proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Ability to independently read, analyze, evaluate and summarize numeric data, reports and written materials.
- Ability to communicate concepts and findings clearly and concisely, and translate data into an understandable document. Must be able to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
- Ability to manage projects with a defined scope and desired outcome within relatively set parameters; the ability to prioritize activity, adhere to timelines, and deliver desired results while juggling multiple projects.
- Ability to apply significant attention to detail for precise data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Requires strong customer service orientation and the ability to maintain confidentiality, as well as exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to effectively manage internal & external customer & vendor relationships.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, work under pressure, and be self-motivated.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced level of proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint required. Access, Publisher, and Adobe Pro X proficiency desired.
- Knowledge of and experience with Workday HCM and Learning module a plus
DIRECTION EXERCISED: Incumbent will be expected to support large scale projects/programs and provide insight and guidance to a wide variety of individuals and teams at all levels of the organization regarding such projects/programs/initiatives.
DISCRETION EXERCISED: Incumbent will be expected to demonstrate a moderate degree of creativity and latitude working on assigned projects in order to meet goals and objectives established in collaboration with the WFD Manager. Will also require moderate capacity to self-direct and reprioritize activity in order to support department needs and meet project deadlines. Will require some autonomy to identify and initiate work aligned with department and organizational needs.
LIAISES WITH: Employees and management at all levels across the entire organization as well as vendors, contractors, and consultants.
- Incumbent may need to adjust work schedule from time to time, or work extended hours to fulfill obligations.
Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be considered for employment with Austal USA:
- 18 years of age or older at time of application.
- Able to provide proof of US Person Status
- No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
- No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from disposition date
- Willing to submit to a drug screen
- Willing to submit to a background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to tour all vessels and work sites.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand and walk.
Specific physical requirements include the following:
Perform prolonged standing. Ability to utilize personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, steel-toes shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.) safely per OSHA standards. Ability to withstand cold and hot temperatures. Able to respond to verbal and audible sounds/commands. Able to utilize adequate visual skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee occasionally encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to humid conditions, bright flashing lights, moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles at or below the PEL, toxic or caustic chemicals, and heat and cold. The noise level in portions the work environment is usually very loud, + 90 dB.
Must comply with company, federal, state, and local safety and environmental rules and regulations while performing daily job tasks.Apply Now >